If you’re like most women, you take great pride in your hair. You want it to be healthy and full of life. But if you have natural hair, that can be a challenge.
Traditional hair care products often contain harsh chemicals that can damage your hair and scalp. That’s why many women are turning to natural hair oils and growth serums to help improve the health of their mane. In this article, we will discuss 9 of the best natural hair oils and growth serums on the market today!
Biossance’s 100% Squalane Oil
- Best For | Hair, face, & body
- Ethics | Cruelty-free, vegan, EWG verified, nontoxic, paraben-free, sustainably sourced
- Ingredients | Plant-derived sugarcane
- Price | $32 for 3.3 oz; travel & jumbo sizes available
This oil is derived from sugarcane and it’s a lightweight, non-greasy oil that helps to lock in moisture. It also contains antioxidants and vitamins A, E, and F which help to protect the hair from free radical damage. Plus, it provides all of the benefits of squalane oil, including hydration, antioxidant protection, and anti-aging properties. I highly recommend giving this oil a try if you want to improve the appearance and health of your skin!
Briogeo’s B. Well
- Best For | Color- & chemically-treated hair
- Ethics | Organic, Fair Trade certified, vegan, cruelty-free, paraben-free, Black-owned
- Ingredients | Castor oil
- Price | $26 for 1.5 fl oz
Briogeo’s B. Well will give you lustrous hair, eyebrows, and even eyelashes. This organic formula is 100 percent castor oil, mindfully sourced from India. It’s also fair trade certified, vegan, cruelty-free, paraben-free, and Black-owned. B. Well can be used on wet or dry hair, so it’s perfect for any time of day. Plus, it has a light scent that isn’t too overpowering. If you’re looking for an amazing hair oil that will make your locks look and feel incredible, then you need to try Briogeo’s B.
Sienna Naturals’ Daily Elixir Scalp Oil
- Best For | Kinky, coily, & curly hair
- Ethics | Responsibly sourced, vegan, cruelty-free, Black-owned
- Ingredients | Coconut, grape, fruit, baobab, lavender, & sandalwood oils
- Price | $22 for 3 fl oz
This oil is designed to hydrate and nourish your scalp while helping to control frizz and promote healthy hair growth. It’s made with a blend of natural oils including jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, and argan oil, which work together to provide your scalp with all the nutrients it needs. Plus, the light citrus scent is refreshing and invigorating. If you’re looking for a good way to take care of your scalp, then this oil is definitely worth trying! Perfect for taming frizz, this oil will leave your locks looking and feeling healthier than ever before.
Playa’s Ritual Hair Oil
- Best For | Damaged hair
- Ethics | Cruelty-free, paraben-free, natural ingredients, made in the USA, recyclable packaging
- Ingredients | Coconut, kukui, castor, apricot, & sunflower seed oils, vitamin E, lycopene
- Price | $38 for 1.52 fl oz
There’s something about the ocean that just feels cleansing. Maybe it’s the salt in the air or the endless horizon, but a day at the beach always leaves me feeling refreshed and relaxed. I like to bring that feeling home with me by using Playa’s Ritual Hair Oil. It smells like salt and sand, and it makes my hair feel so soft and shiny. Made with natural ingredients like argan oil and jojoba oil, it helps seal in moisture while adding shine and protecting against UV rays. Plus, it helps keep my curls frizz-free all day long.
Vegamour’s GRO Hair Serum
- Best For | Hair loss
- Ethics | Vegan, cruelty-free, plant-based
- Ingredients | Mung bean sprouts, turmeric, bergamot peel oil, red clover seed extracts
- Price | $52 for 1 fl oz
I have to say, I was a little bit skeptical when I first heard about Vegamour’s GRO Hair Serum. I mean, how can a hair serum really make your hair look and feel better? But after trying it out for myself, I am convinced! This stuff is amazing! Not only does it make my hair look and feel healthier, but it also helps keep my scalp from getting too oily. And the best part is that it’s all natural and free of harmful chemicals. If you’re looking for a great hair serum, be sure to check out Vegamour’s GRO Hair Serum!
Beneath Your Mask’s Nourish Serum
- Best For | Overnight & leave-in treatments
- Ethics | Vegan, cruelty-free, organic, Black woman-owned, gives back, made in the USA, plastic-free packaging
- Ingredients | Hemp seed, safflower, & rosehip seed oils
- Price | $60 for 1.7 fl oz
There’s no need to hide your feelings any longer. Beneath Your Mask has the perfect serum to nourish and protect your skin while you wear your mask. This serum is enriched with natural ingredients that will help keep your skin hydrated and healthy. It helps to improve hair strength, reduce frizz, and tame flyaways. Nourish serum can help you connect with your inner truth, making it easier for you to access your authentic self and live a more fulfilling life.
Curls’ Blueberry Bliss Hair Growth Oil
- Best For | Curly & textured hair
- Ethics | Cruelty-free, paraben-free, certified organic ingredients, Black woman-owned
- Ingredients | Sunflower seed, castor, argan, blueberry, olive, & pomegranate seed oils
- Price | $11.99 for 4 fl oz
Curls’ Blueberry Bliss Hair Growth Oil will help restore your hair to its former glory. Just apply a few drops of the oil to your scalp and massage it in, and you’ll see results in no time! Not only does the oil help promote hair growth, but it also makes your hair look shiny and healthy. This oil is made with antioxidant-rich blueberries and other natural ingredients that nourish your scalp and encourage healthy hair growth. Plus, it smells amazing!
- Best For | All hair types
- Ethics | Certified B Corp, cruelty-free, vegan, ethically sourced, paraben-free, made in the USA, gives back, Black-founded
- Ingredients | Virgin coconut oil
- Price | $14.99 for 15 fl oz
I have to say, I’m a little obsessed with Shea Moisture. It’s all I’ve been using on my hair for the past few months and it works wonders. If you’re not familiar with Shea Moisture, it’s a line of hair care products that are made with natural ingredients like shea butter, coconut oil, and honey. They make shampoos, conditioners, hair masks, and more, all of which are designed to nourish your hair and scalp. Plus, they never test on animals! If you’re looking for a haircare line that will make your locks look and feel amazing, Shea Moisture is definitely worth checking out.
Dirty Hippie’s Lock Lovers Hair Oil
- Best For | Australian delivery
- Ethics | Cruelty-free, ethically sourced, zero-waste packaging, handmade in Australia
- Ingredients | Argan, avocado, hemp seed, & Nag Champa essential oils
- Price | $29.99 AUD for 50 ml
Dirty Hippie’s Lock Lovers Hair Oil is handmade in small batches locally in Australia. This oil is made with all-natural ingredients, including apricot kernel oil and sweet almond oil, which work together to nourish and repair your hair. Not only does this oil help to restore moisture to your hair, but it also helps to strengthen it and protect it from future damage. So if you’re looking for a salon-quality treatment that you can do yourself at home, then be sure to try Dirty Hippie’s Lock Lovers Hair Oil!
While there are many natural hair oils and growth serums on the market, we’ve compiled a list of our top nine favorites. These oils will help keep your hair healthy, hydrated, and growing strong. Have you tried any of these oils or growth serums for your hair? What was your experience? Let us know in the comments below!